AMA & Gracie Jiu-jitsu at Imperatori presents…
FREE Self Defense & Personal Safety Tools
… and perhaps the most important seminar of your life
Already Been? Updated Material, stay current!
• 1 in 6 people will be the victim of a violent attack in their lifetime
• 1 in 6 women will be the victim of a sexual attack in their lifetime
• 1 in 10 college students will be the victim of a violent attack during college
• 95% of all violent struggles end up with one or both people on the ground
• 355 mass shootings in a 314 day period of 2015
With bullying and violence dominating the headlines, this experience will be focused on practical, workable tools for you to make part of your day-to-day routine. Learn the basics for increasing the odds of surviving an active shooter situation. The bottom line is prevention and survival — by defending and escaping, fighting only as a last resort.
Though there are no guarantees, Peggy and Steve believe in making prevention a priority and part of day-to-day routines, so as to be better equipped when faced with threatening situations. They have been teaching self-defense seminars since the early 90’s to community organizations and businesses, including Atlanta Children’s Hospital Group, Camp Sunshine, Coca Cola, Alston & Bird, Cox Enterprises, Peak Campus Management, AT&T, etc.
In this seminar Steve, Peggy and their team will lay out proven preventive safety strategies and statistics along with a demonstration and hands-on practice of simple, effective defenses and escapes against the most common attacks. The techniques are based on Gracie Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, a form of martial arts that uses leverage techniques to neutralize a bigger person – exactly the kind of tools a smaller person needs. BTW, this Jiu-Jitsu-inspired approach has been embraced by multiple government agencies including the U.S. Air Force (for women), the U.S. Army, the Marines and municipal police departments. Our goal though is to help you to recognize and steer clear of trouble before it starts.
Learn the basics of Empowerment and Survival including:
• The most likely attacks, defenses and escapes, including active shooters
• The most likely locations for attacks, based on current crime trends
• Personal preventative strategies and safety tips
• Leverage techniques to neutralize attackers of larger size, age difference or greater athletic ability
• Space is limited-Please reserve your spot now!
• Wear comfortable athletic clothes. No experience required
• Age minimum is 12 years old
Date: Saturday, January 9th
Time: 2 pm-3:30
Where: Imperatori Martial Arts
FEE: NONE!…Invite a friend, family, co-worker
Contact: For info or reservations, ask for TL at Imperatori Martial Arts at 404-252-8200 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Seminar provided by American Martial Arts LLC, your Self Defense Professionals since 1989